RRH Data Training for Eastern Africa countries
- RRH Data Training for Eastern Africa countries
- Friday, 08-Apr-2022
- RCMRD - Nairobi,
- RRH Related Events
The Regional Resource Hub (RRH) is organizing Data Training from 4 to 8 April 2022. The training will be held physically at RCMRD premises in Nairobi, Kenya. Participants from partners institutions have been invited from the following countries Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mozambique, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. A second training covering Southern Africa countries will be organized in the coming months.
The objectives of the training are as follows:
- To strengthen the relationships between the Regional Resource Hub and the countries partner organizations, in particular those that manage data on protected and conserved areas;
- The regional resource hub will demonstrate and discuss the importance of data and information in decisions related to effectiveness and governance in protected and conserved areas;
- The hub will demonstrate the information management process of the RRH and its regional information systems from data collection and process until publication of the information and knowledge products;
- Participants will discuss the role that the RRH can play in supporting the countries during the national reporting processes, for e.g., to the Convention on Biodiversity (CBD);
- Participants will share their interest and priorities needs as RRH users and potential users in the countries allowing the RRH team to improve the services and products available.
- Ngugi Kimani